Adper Single Bond 2 Adhesive is a clinically proven total etch, dental bonding agent. This visible-light activated product incorporates 5nm diameter silica filler which is of 10 percent by weight. It is specifically meant for direct light-cured restorative material as well as for the treatment of cervical sensitivity. It can also be used for bonding laboratory made composites and for bonding amalgam. The vial delivery system of Adper Single Bond 2 Adhesive has a ‘pinch & flip’ cap design that minimizes the difficulties associated with typical threaded caps. The Adper Single Bond 2 vial was designed to shield photo initiator from the visible light. The unique translucent vial allows visual inspection of the contents. AdperSingle Bond 2 Adhesive comprises of the same components as the Adper Single Bond adhesive except for the silica nanofiller. The photo initiator system permits for a fast, 10 second light-cure.
In contrast to other adhesives which have larger filler particles incorporated, the extremely smaller particles of Adper Single Bond 2 keeps them in colloidal suspension and hence no shaking is required before using.
- To minimize evaporation, Adper Single Bond 2 adhesive should be capped soon after using
- It can be stored at room temperature
- Do not store products in proximity to eugenol containing products
- Do not expose materials to elevated temperature or intense light.
- Shelf life of the vial delivery is 36 months at room temperature.